EtymologyPrefix psycho-, as an abbreviation for psychotic or psychopath.
- : Psychotic, or otherwise insane.
- In the context of "pejorative|slang": A person who is psychotic or otherwise
- The loony bin up on the hill is full of psychos.
- In the context of "pejorative|slang": A person who acts in a bizarre or dangerous manner.
- She complained that he was a psycho for driving at such a high speed in heavy traffic.
pyschotic or otherwise insane person
person acting in a bizarre or dangerous manner
Psycho is slang for a person who is either psychopathic or psychotic. The term is often considered mildly offensive or derogatory. The word is a noun. Used in a sentence like this, 'Steve sure is a psycho'.
- "Psycho", a song by country and western songwriter Leon Payne. This is a tongue-in-cheek storyline song loosely based on the Norman Bates character
- "Psycho (song)", a song by Puddle of Mudd from their album Famous
- "Psycho", a song by System of a Down from the album Toxicity
- "Psycho", a 1965 song by The Sonics
- "Psycho", a song by Infected Mushroom from The Gathering
- Psycho, an album by Element of Crime
- "Psycho Killer", a song by Talking Heads
- "Psycho Girl", a song by Busted
- "PSYCHO", an 80's punk/thrash/noise/crust/grind band from Cambridge MA
- Psycho, a horror comic magazine from Skywald Publications
- Psycho, an automaton invented and displayed on stage by the Victorian illusionist John Nevil Maskelyne
- Psycho (company), a Japanese visual novel studio
- Psychiatrist (game), also known as Psycho, a party game
- Psyco, a just-in-time compiler for the Python programming language
psycho in German: Psycho
psycho in Spanish: Psicosis
psycho in French: Psycho
psycho in Korean: 싸이코
psycho in Italian: Psycho
psycho in Japanese: PSYCHO
psycho in Finnish: Psyko
psycho in Russian: Психо
abnormal, bereft of reason, brainsick, catatoniac, certifiable case, crackbrained, cracked, crazed, crazy, daft, deluded, demented, deprived of reason, deranged, disoriented, distraught, flighty, hallucinated, insane, irrational, loco, lunatic, mad, maddened, manic, manic-depressive, mazed, mental, mental case, mentally deficient, meshuggah, moon-struck, non compos, non compos mentis, not all there, not right, odd, of unsound mind, off, paranoiac, paranoid, psychopath, psychopathic case, psychopathic personality, psychotic, queer, reasonless, schiz, schizo, schizoid, schizophrenic, schizy, senseless, sick, stark-mad, stark-staring mad, strange, tetched, touched, unbalanced, unhinged, unsane, unsettled, unsound, wandering, witless